King & Queen Apartments offers a complimentary Wi-Fi service for its residents intended for light use. Light usage includes video streaming, phone/tablet app usage, and Internet browsing, not gaming or other heavy bandwidth use.
The Wi-Fi service is similar to a starter Internet service from a local carrier, except that King & Queen Apartments’ complimentary Wi-Fi service is set to 10 Mbps download per device (a starter Internet service is typically 10 Mbps shared up to 3 devices). If more bandwidth is needed, residents should contact Cox Communications directly to install their own Internet service in their apartment unit.
Accessing the Wi-Fi Network
Instructions to access King & Queen Apartments’ Wi-Fi network are as follows:
Access King & Queen Apartments’ Wi-Fi network the same way you connect to a hotel’s Wi-Fi Internet network or any Wi-Fi network:
- Make sure the wireless setting or adapter to your device is turn on.
- Open your Wi-Fi settings to view the available wireless networks.
- Select the ‘King&QueenApts’ network, then select Connect.
- Enter the password when prompted. The Wi-Fi password is sent in separate email to King & Queen Apartments residents.
- Open a web browser if it doesn’t automatically open.
- Accept the terms and conditions for using the Wi-Fi service.
After the terms and conditions for using the Wi-Fi network have been accepted, the device will access to the King&QueenApts Wi-Fi network.
Access points are located inside each building. Devices set to log into the King&QueenApts Wi-Fi will typically find the strongest signal from an access point. For instance, if you leave your apartment with your device that is connected to King&QueenApts Wi-Fi, and cross the parking lot to visit a friend in their apartment in the opposite building, your device should locate and connect to the stronger signal in their respective apartment building.
If you experience connectivity issues, please do the following to troubleshoot the situation:
- “Forget” the Wi-Fi network and then reconnect to the King&QueenApts Wi-Fi network.
If that does not solve the issue,
- Run a speed test through a service like SpeedCheck.org.
If the speed test shows slow/weak connectivity, or none at all, please take a screen shot of the results, and send a Maintenance Request, attaching the screen shot through the Tenant Portal, to notify Management of the issue.