William & Mary Fall Break is almost here and there are a few things to relay to you before you hit the road on your break.
Before leaving your apartment on Fall Break (or during any extended absence)…
Please be sure to do the following for the safety of your apartment and to conserve energy:
- Take your trash and recycling to the respective dumpster,
- Do not leave standing water or dirty dishes in the sink, or food left out/open,
- Turn off all interior lights, including mini-lights, string lights, and rope lights,
- Remove any fans and screens from windows,
- Fully close and lock all windows* (for locking the windows: LEFT is LOCKED; right is unlocked)
- Lock the front door
* For windows with air-conditioners installed in them (especially for apartments located on the 1st floor), be sure to keep the windows secured. This can be done by installing a tightly fit tension rod between the lower and upper sash to prevent the window from being opened from the outside.
Thank your for your cooperation!
Have a fun and safe Fall Break!