Before leaving your apartment on Fall Break (or during any extended absence)…
Please be sure to do the following for the safety of your apartment and to conserve energy:
- Take your trash and recycling to the respective dumpster,
- Do not leave standing water or dirty dishes in the sink, or food left out/open,
- Turn off all interior lights, including mini-lights, string lights, and rope lights,
- Remove any fans and screens from windows,
- Fully close and lock all windows* (for locking the windows: LEFT is LOCKED; right is unlocked).
– To fully unlock the window, make sure both window locks are turned to the right.
– Close both window sashes (up and bottom so the lock on each aligns)
– Turn both locks to the LEFT so they are both LOCKED.
- Lock the front door. Make sure you fully close the door before locking it from the outside.
* For apartments located on the 1st floor, a tightly fit tension rod between the lower and upper sash can be added for extra protection
Thank your for your cooperation!
Have a fun and safe Fall Break!