Before leaving your apartment on Fall Break (or during any extended absence)…
Please be sure to do the following for the safety of your apartment and to conserve energy:
- Take your trash and recycling to the respective dumpster,
- Do not leave standing water or dirty dishes in the sink, or food left out/open,
- Turn off all interior lights, including mini-lights, string lights, and rope lights,
- Remove any fans and screens from windows,
- Fully close and lock all windows* (for locking the windows: LEFT is LOCKED; right is unlocked)
- Lock the front door
* For windows with air-conditioners installed in them (especially for apartments located on the 1st floor), be sure to keep the windows secured. This can be done by installing a tightly fit tension rod between the lower and upper sash to prevent the window from being opened from the outside.
Thank your for your cooperation!
Have a fun and safe Fall Break!