Winter Break is almost here and there are a few things to relay to you before you leave your apartment for several weeks. Be sure to prepare your apartment for your absence. Among other things, close up, put away and clean up any open or spilled food and take out the trash before you leave.
Winter Break is considered an extended absence since it in excess of seven (7) days.
Before leaving your apartment Winter Break…
Please be sure to do the following for the safety of your apartment and to conserve energy during an extended absence.
- Turn off all interior lights, including min-lights, string lights, rope lights and Christmas/Holiday lights,
- Remove all window fans and screens from windows,
- Fully close and lock all windows that do not have installed window air-conditioners in them,
- For windows with air-conditioners installed in them (especially for apartments located on the 1st floor), be sure to use a security rod prevent the window from being opened from the outside,
- Remove any trash or garbage,
- Do not leave dirty dishes or standing water in sink,
- Do not leave any food left out,
- Lock the front door,
- Turn heat down to 50 degrees.
Thank your for your cooperation!
Have a fun and safe Holiday Season!