Winter Break is almost here! Be sure to prepare your apartment for your absence. There are a few things to relay to you before you leave your apartment for several weeks.
Please be sure to do the following for the safety of your apartment and to conserve energy during an extended absence:
(Winter Break is considered an extended absence since it in excess of seven (7) days)
Before leaving your apartment for Winter Break…
- Take your trash and recycling to the respective dumpster,
- Do not leave standing water or dirty dishes in the sink, or food left out/open. Close up, put away and clean up any open or spilled food,
- Turn off all interior lights, including min-lights, string lights, rope lights and Christmas/Holiday lights,
- Remove all window fans and screens from windows,
- Fully close and lock all windows* (for locking the windows: LEFT is LOCKED; right is unlocked)
- Turn heat down to 50 degrees,
- Lock the front door,
Thank your for your cooperation!
Have a fun and safe Holiday Season!