In an effort to reduce the amount of reusable items that tend to be thrown away each week, which take up space not only in the dumpster, but also the landfill, King & Queen Apartments has partnered with Bay Disposal and Recycling in a recycling program.
A 2 sq. yd. recycling container is available at the back of the parking lot to the left of the dumpster for nearly all recyclable goods. This co-mingled, recycling dumpster is exclusively for King & Queen Apartments residents’ use to recycle the following recyclable items:
PLEASE DO NOT PUT ANY PLASTIC BAGS OF ANY KIND INTO THE RECYCLING BIN.
DO NOT PUT YOUR RECYCLING INTO ANY BAGS AND INTO THE RECYCLING BIN.
This includes: black, white, clear trash bags and plastic grocery bags.
Plastic bags can cause the machines at the processing plant to malfunction.
Plastic trash bags full of recyclables are considered garbage and will not be recycled by the processing plant. They will be taken to the landfill instead.
If you use a plastic bag to collect your recyclables, please open the bag, dump the recyclable contents into the recycling container and throw the plastic bag away in the dumpster.
Here is a short list of what materials are *not accepted*:
- Plastic bags of any kind, including black, white, clear, and any plastic grocery or shopping bags.
- Any material with substantial food debris (small trace amounts of food residue is ok).
- Batteries of any kind.
- Styrofoam of any kind.
- Light bulbs of any kind.
- Mirrors, window or auto glass, porcelain, ceramics, glass cookware/bake ware, microwave oven trays, drinking glasses, perfume/cologne bottles.
- Wood or Yard Waste.
- Coat hangers, Wire.
- Household items such as toasters, cookware, bake ware, electronics, appliances, etc.
- Hazardous or toxic substances.
- Items containing or having debris and residue containing hazardous or toxic substances such as paint cans with wet paint, motor oil containers, gasoline cans, glue, petroleum products, etc.
Please use this recycling service service to reduce the amount recyclable items that are going into our landfills. You will be surprised at how much of a positive impact you can make on the environment if you make just little extra effort to recycle these recyclable items!
You can make a difference!
Think globally; act locally!