It’s almost Spring Break 2020! Can you believe it!?
There are a few things to relay to you before Spring Break:
1. Over Spring Break (weather permitting), there will be some exterior maintenance to the porches and landings, including power washing. Before leaving your vehicle in the parking lot over Spring Break, please move away from and from under the porches and stairs. Vehicles parked in the areas shown in red below will be parked with the risk of dirt and debris getting onto the vehicles during Spring Break.
2. Before leaving for Spring Break, be sure to prepare your apartment for your absence. Among other things, close up, put away and clean up any open or spilled food, and remove any trash, garbage, and recycling in your apartment and put it into the proper receptacle before you leave.
Also, be sure to do the following for the safety of your apartment and to conserve energy during an extended absence.
- Turn off all interior lights, including min-lights, string lights, rope lights, and Christmas/Holiday lights,
- Turn off all household appliances such as air-conditioners (portable and window) and air purifiers,
- Remove all window fans and screens from windows,
- Fully close and lock all windows that do not have window air-conditioners installed in them,
- For windows with air-conditioners installed in them (especially for apartments located on the 1st floor), be sure to use a security rod prevent the window from being opened from the outside,
- Do not leave any food out,
- Do not leave dirty dishes or standing water in the sink,
- Remove any trash, garbage, or food that may rot during your extended absence,
- Turn heat off, or down to 50 degrees,
- Lock the front door.
Thank you for your attention and cooperation!
Have a fun and safe Spring Break!