The buildings and individual apartment units at King & Queen Apartments, near the College of William & Mary, contain the following features and amenities.
The two buildings that make up King & Queen Apartments were constructed the way buildings used to be built: they were built to last. Each building is mainly constructed of James River brick, concrete block, poured concrete, iron, and steel. As an added safety feature, concrete block firewalls were built that run vertically between each unit. Each building has three levels and each level is accessed by porches, stairs, and landings constructed of steel and poured concrete.
The Apartment Units
All apartments include the following:
- Living room – ranging from approx. 208 to 368 sq. ft.
- Remodeled kitchen with refrigerator, electric range, and hood.
- Bedroom – approx. 146 sq. ft.
- Bathroom with tub/shower.
- Summer 2014 – New exhaust/vent fan installed in all apartment bathrooms.
- Central heating system.
- Summer 2014 – New heating system units installed in all apartments.
- Fall 2019 – New, high efficiency central heating system (for heat and hot water) to both buildings.
- Three (3) closets: linen closet, walk-in closet, and a wide closet.
- Summer 2015, 2016 & 2018 – New faux wood, luxury, vinyl plank flooring installed in all units.
- Two (2) smoke detectors.
- Two (2) StoveTop FireStop fire suppressors/extinguishers above each range.
- Digital thermostat.
- Thermal, double-pane windows.
- Ample wall space for furnishings.
Utilities and other amenities included in monthly rent:
NOTE: The corner apartments typically have more windows than those located in the interior. The smaller and interior apartments each have a large picture window.
Parking in downtown Williamsburg is at a premium. Due to the fact that King & Queen Apartments was constructed in the early 1960’s, the locality at the time did not require the number of parking spots currently required by the local zoning ordinance. Therefore, there are only enough spots for one (1) vehicle per apartment.
Parking is restricted to King & Queen Apartments residents ONLY. Parking spaces are not assigned to individual apartments; parking is on a first come, first-served basis. Towing is strictly enforced.
Only 1 parking decal may be issued to each apartment. The parking decals must be renewed annually, in conjunction with the leasing period. Only vehicles with a current and valid parking decal are permitted to park in the parking lot.
Resident Benefits Package
Residents at King & Queen Apartments receive, as part of their lease, included in their monthly rent, a Resident Benefits package which was designed to provide protection and convenience. For more information about King & Queen Apartments’ Resident Benefits Package click here.