The buildings and individual apartment units at King & Queen Apartments, the apartments located next to the College of William and Mary and Tribe Square (Chick-Fil-A), contains the following features and amenities.
The two buildings that make up King & Queen Apartments were constructed the way buildings used to be built: they were built to last. Each building is mainly constructed of James River brick, concrete block, poured concrete, iron, and steel. As an added safety feature, concrete block firewalls were built that run vertically between each unit. Each building has three levels and each level is accessed by porches, stairs, and landings constructed of steel and poured concrete.
The Apartment Units
All apartments include the following:
- Living room – ranging from approx. 208 to 368 sq. ft.
- Remodelled kitchen with refrigerator, electric range, and hood.
- Bedroom – approx. 146 sq. ft.
- Bathroom with tub/shower
- New exhaust/vent fan – Summer 2014
- GFCI outlet – Summer 2016
- Three (3) closets:
- Linen closet
- Walk-in closet with LED light
- Wide closet
- New, upgraded electrical service – Summer 2016.
- New heating system units – Summer 2014.
- New faux wood vinyl plank flooring installed all units – Summer 2015, 2016 & 2018.
- New thermal, double-pane windows – Summer 2011.
- New RG-6 cable wiring – Summer 2017.
- Schlage keyless, touchscreen, deadbolt locks.
- Two (2) tamperproof Lithium-ion smoke detectors.
- Two (2) StoveTop FireStop fire suppressors/extinguishers above each range.
- Digital thermostat.
- Ample wall space for furnishings.
Utilities and other amenities included in monthly rent:
- Trash pickup
Parking in downtown Williamsburg is at a premium. Due to the fact that King & Queen Apartments was constructed in the early 1960s, the locality at the time did not require the number of parking spots currently required by the local zoning ordinance. Therefore, there are only enough spots for one (1) vehicle per apartment.
Parking is restricted to King & Queen Apartments residents ONLY. Parking spaces are not assigned to individual apartments; parking is on a first come, first served basis. Towing is strictly enforced.
Only 1 parking decal may be issued to each apartment. The parking decals must be renewed annually, in conjunction with the leasing period. Only vehicles with current and valid parking decals are permitted to park in the parking lot.