Winter Break is almost here and there are a few things to relay to you before you leave your apartment for several weeks.
Prepare your apartment for your absence. Among other things, close up, put away, and clean up any open or spilled food and take out the trash before you leave.
Before leaving your apartment Winter Break, be sure to do the following for the safety of your apartment and to conserve energy during an extended absence.
- Turn off all interior lights, including min-lights, string lights, rope lights and Christmas/Holiday lights,
- Turn off all household appliances such as air-conditioners (portable and window) and air purifiers,
- Remove all window fans and screens from windows,
- Fully close and lock all windows that do not have installed window air-conditioners in them,
- For windows with air-conditioners installed in them (especially for apartments located on the 1st floor), be sure to use a security rod prevent the window from being opened from the outside,
- Do not leave any food out,
- Do not leave dirty dishes or standing water in sink,
- Remove any trash, garbage, or food that may rot during your extended absence,
- Turn heat down to 50 degrees,
- Lock the front door.
Thank you for your cooperation!
Good luck to each of you on your final exams. Have a fun and safe break, and Holiday Season!