Before leaving your apartment on Thanksgiving Break…
Please be sure to do the following for the safety of your apartment and to conserve energy during an extended absence:
- Turn off all interior lights, including min-lights, string lights, rope lights and Christmas/Holiday lights,
- Turn off all household appliances such as air-conditioners (portable and window) and air purifiers,
- Remove all window fans and screens from windows,
- Fully close and lock all windows that do not have air-conditioners installed in them,
- For windows with air-conditioners installed in them (especially for apartments located on the 1st floor), be sure the security spring rod is in place to prevent the window from being opened from the outside,
- Remove any trash or garbage,
- Do not leave dirty dishes in the sink or any food left out,
- Lock the front door,
- During cold months, turn the thermostat heat down to 50 degrees,
- During warm months, turn off air-conditioners.
Thank your for your cooperation!
Have a fun and safe break, and a Happy Thanksgiving!