William & Mary Fall Break 2017 is here and there are a few things to relay to you before you hit the road on your break.
Before leaving your apartment on Fall Break…
Please be sure to do the following for the safety of your apartment and to conserve energy for an extended absence:
- Turn off all interior lights, including mini-lights, string lights, rope lights and Christmas/Holiday lights,
- Remove all window fans and screens from windows,
- Fully close and lock all windows that do not have installed window air-conditioners in them,
- For windows with air-conditioners installed in them (especially for apartments located on the 1st floor), be sure to keep the windows secured. This can be done by installing a tension rod between the lower and upper sash to prevent the window from being opened from the outside,
- Lock the front door,
- During cold months, turn heat down to 50 degrees,
- During warm months, turn off air-conditioners.
Thank your for your cooperation!
Have a fun and safe Fall Break 2017!