Before you leave for Spring Break, there are a few things to relay to you:
1. Over Spring Break (weather permitting), the porches and landings will be power washed and parts of the exterior will be painted. Before leaving your vehicle in the parking lot over Spring Break, please move it to an area shown in green in the diagram below:
Please do the following during any extended absence, for both the safety of your apartment and to conserve energy:
- Turn off all interior lights, including mini-lights, string lights, rope lights, etc.
- Remove all window fans and screens from windows,
- Fully close and lock all windows that do not have installed window air-conditioners in them. Make sure the windows are actually locked,
- For windows with air-conditioners installed in them (especially for apartments located on the 1st floor), be sure the tension rod is in place to prevent the window from being opened from the outside,
- Remove any trash or garbage and put it into the dumpster,
- Do not leave dirty dishes or standing water in the sink,
- Put away and clean up any food. Do not leave any food left out,
- Lock the front door.
- During cold months, turn heat down to 50 degrees,
- During warm months, turn off air-conditioners.
Thank your for your cooperation!
Have a fun and safe Spring Break!