Before leaving your apartment on Fall Break…
Please be sure to do the following for the safety of your apartment and to conserve energy for any extended absence:
- Turn off all interior lights, including mini-lights, string lights, rope lights and Christmas/Holiday lights,
- Remove all window fans and screens from windows,
- Fully close and lock all windows that do not have installed window air-conditioners in them,
- For windows with air-conditioners installed in them (especially for apartments located on the 1st floor), be sure to install a dowel or tension rod between the lower and upper sash to prevent the window from being opened from the outside,
- Lock the front door,
- During cold months, turn heat down to 50 degrees,
- During warm months, turn off air-conditioners.
Thank your for your cooperation!
Have a fun and safe Fall Break 2016!