Fall is here and winter is on the way. And, if this winter is anything like the past two winters, it is going to be COLD!
*PLEASE NOTE* The main heating system to the apartments will be turned on October 15th.
This does not mean that the heat turns on automatically in your apartment. It just means that it is available when you need it.
To turn the heat on in your apartment:
- Locate the thermostat on the wall across from the linen closet.
- Flip down the bottom cover of the thermostat controls.
- Set the FAN switch to “AUTO”.
- Set the SYSTEM switch to “HEAT”.
- Close the cover of the thermostat controls.
- The number listed on the left side of the screen is the current temperature in your apartment; the number on the right side of the screen is the set point temperature setting.
- Press the arrow buttons to the desired set point temperature.
- When the current temperature in the apartment drops below the desired, set point temperature, the heat will turn on automatically to bring the current temperature in the apartment up to match the set point temperature.
The heating usage in each apartment is calculated by a wireless, run time meter which calculates how many hours the heat is running in the apartment. If the FAN switch is set to “ON” instead of “AUTO”, the heat will be continuously blowing in the apartment.
*NOTE* The higher you set the desired temperature in your apartment, the more heat will be used and the higher your monthly heating bill will be.
Click Here and for more information about how to save on your monthly energy, utility and heating bills.