New vinyl plank flooring has been installed into several apartments. The flooring renovation has transformed the look and feel of each apartment unit. The flooring that was installed is top quality, durable material. It is easy to clean and maintain; however, it can still be damaged if no cared for properly.
Here is a quick look at an example of the new flooring in the apartment units.
Proper cleaning and care can be found in the manufacturer’s installation instructions.
Vinyl plank flooring cleaning and care:
MAINTENANCE (DOs and DO NOTs)
- Sweep or vacuum regularly.
- Use cleaning products safe for vinyl planks.
- TEST cleaning products before use. Mineral spirits applied to a clean rag can be used for spot cleaning.
- Use non-staining casters, floor protectors on chair and table legs to distribute furniture weight and protect against scratches and indentation damage. (TRANQUILITY planks are scratch resistant, not scratch proof).
- Protect your floor against burns. Planks can be damaged by burns from a cigarette, matches, or other extremely hot items.
- Protect your floor from tracked-in dirt and grit particles by using natural-fiber mats at all outside entrances. Take the time to remove any imbedded grit particles from shoe soles before entering the room. Mats with rubber backings can cause permanent discoloration.
- Use caution with stiletto type high heels on your floor, these can cause permanent damage.
- Vinyl planks have good resistance to stains, not affected by most common household spills; however, any spill should be cleaned up immediately. The longer the spilled material is left on the floor, the greater the risk of permanently staining the floor.
- DO NOT use paste wax or solvent-based polishes.
- DO NOT use abrasive cleansers or mop with soap-based detergents, these products can leave a sticky film on your floor.
- DO NOT track in tar or asphalt from driveways, as this can also discolor vinyl.
- DO NOT/avoid the use of rubber or latex-backed mats, as certain rubber compounds can permanently stain vinyl (Consult the mat manufacturer to determine if the backing is safe for vinyl planks).
- DO NOT/avoid exposure to direct sunlight for prolonged periods; this can result in tile discoloration. Excessive temperatures might cause tile expansion or edge curling. During peak sunlight hours, the use of drapes or blinds is recommended especially on patio doors, etc., that receive intense sunlight.
Are you looking for renovated apartments in Williamsburg, VA near the College of William & Mary? King & Queen Apartments is located next to the college and offers renovated apartments perfect for undergraduate, graduate and young professionals. Contact us today to set up a showing!